Monday, January 2, 2012
First Project of 2012
I finished up these pillows on New Year’s Day using Anna Maria Horner’s Drawing Room Fabric (which I have been collecting and hoarding for years!). Using this fabric symbolizes not waiting for the perfect moment to enjoy something (whether it be fabric or life), but rather just diving in and cutting right to it (pun intended). Often times, I find myself waiting until the next moment (or as a military family the next move) to fully allow myself to enjoy life’s gifts and create opportunity for myself. I thought cutting into this out of print collection would be a great way to actualize my quest for living in the moment.
Contemplating my bad habit of always looking towards a better future, instead of making the present more enjoyable strengthened my resolve to make 2012 the best year ever. I plan to live out my resolutions in their entirety; giving the present a fair shot!
1. Understand the economy is bad, but no one can take my education away from me. Instead of swearing every time my student loan bill comes, I am going to be thankful I finished my degree and have a job in this economy.
2. Be more consistently grateful towards my husband. I landed a great husband! He is supportive, funny, smart, brave, kind, affectionate, loyal and extremely generous. I want him to know I feel this way about him, even when I am in a bad mood.
3. Take care of my body. A lot of you know my nerve entrapment and inflammation were the reason I went back to working a 9-5 job, giving up being a self-employed crafter. At the end of this school year, I would like to go back to crafting full-time. To do this, I need to eat properly and not over extend myself.
4. Just say no! I don’t want to be your free tailor, but I am happy to teach you to sew. Give a man a fishing pole, not a fish!
5. Be creative everyday. I will make time to sew, plan or destress with creativeness each day.
What do you hope to accomplish in the New Year?
Posted by Truly Bella at 3:08 PM